Monday, August 6, 2007

First week of August

I'm beginning to use different yarns for bookmarks. The one above was made using LionBrand Microspun on size 3 needles. Pattern is a freebie from www.knitwithkt.blogspot.com. I really liked the pattern. It is pretty on both sides.

This is Dudley the dolphin designed by Janet Nogle. He's Aug 1 KAL from monthly dishcloth group. I used SnC.
This is one-piece bathing suit from www.knitsbyrachel.com. It's made using SnC. I used it for an exchange.

This is a prayer shawl that I sewed using a quilt panel donated by Chaseline. It has the Serenity prayer. I "lined" it with flannel. Chaseline is a local company that makes sample quilts. They donate material for our local Project Linus chapter. Our coordinator gave this to the shawl ministry as she felt it was better suited to adults. I have 33 more of these to make. Anybody know where I can get a deal on flannel? I'm watching our local Walmart and Joann which are the two closest fabric outlets.

No comments: