Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Sock


Here's my first sock. I followed tutorial at http://www.cometosilver.com/. Scariest part was grafting the toe. I had not had success with grafting before following the tutorial. It really helped. Yarn is Elann Esprit which is elasticized cotton. I think the colorway is English rose garden. I'm becoming addicted to sockknitting. I love handpainted yarns and interesting colorways but knitting other garments with them is way out of my budget. Socks will allow me to use them. I'm also considering dyeing my own yarn.


Also I'm working on modular coasters from Knitty Gritty. I've knitted entrelac dishcloth a couple of times but I keep having to frog these coasters. I'm knitting one of Brian McGaunn's bookmark patterns.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

I learned socks last year, well slipper socks, lol. I really hope to try a nice lacey type sock I want to make for my niece. Haven't found the right pattern yet, still looking.

But you are right, what a perfect project to try a new, costy yarn and not need to buy out the store.

I think the sock looks great. My tutorial was a firend watching me, I am ok as long as I know someone is watching me in case I make a mistake, lol