Monday, July 30, 2007

The rest of the story

This is Bumbles. He's made from yellow SnC from a pattern from http://www.knitsbyrachel.com/. He's a gift for someone. I really like Rachel's patterns but have decided that I need to use size 5 needles as cloths are fairly large. She also recommended blocking by spraying with water and smoothing out with fingers. I've found this to work very well.


This is Knitdishcloths Christmas in July KAL. It's red SnC on size 7 needles.







This is Rachels_knitting_room KAL. Beep-beep. I entertained
my co-workers at VBS last week by explaining how kals work. Everyday they'd ask "what is it?"

I got my first "puffy" today. Seeing someone else's handy work and checking out all my goodies was fun. My exchange partner's knitting reminded me of my mom's.

I also received some hand dyed yarn that I commented on from one of the Monthly Bookmark group members. I'm beginning to be interested in hand dyeing and am beginning to check out sources.

I'm working on another "gift" dishcloth and a prayer throw using a flame pattern using persimmon TLC Amore. I plan to start working on my twin set again on Wednesday. I'm also working on my first sock. I'm thinking of frogging this and trying one of the two needle cast on methods. I used larger needles but by problem is that I pull my "long tail" pretty tight which doesnet allow much elasticity. I'm concerned that sock will not go over my heel.

As usual I'm posting at bedtime. So goodnight...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Love the ornament!

Mandi (from MDC)

Anonymous said...

Great Job on the cloths. I LOVE them all.