Sunday, July 15, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Well as the commercial says "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." In my case, my driver's license stayed in Vegas too. Fortunately I travel with my passport. I will however say I had a good time and a restful one. I completed several knitting projects and worked on my rainbow shawl which I hope to complete tonight.
I went to see "Love" by Cirque du Soleil. If you're ever there, go see it or any other Cirque show they are worth the money.
On the trip out nasty weather closed Dallas-Ft Worth which caused my flights to be delayed. I spent 5 hours in Greensboro airport and 2 in DFW and did some knitting on the first flight. So I had about 9 hours of knitting time. I spent about an hour unknitting my shawl (two times). I think the lesson learned from that episode is don't knit late at night unless you count stitches after every row or use a lifeline.


This is a washcloth I made from a pattern I bought from Rachel van Schie. Pattern is called Shovel and Pail. Needle size 7 and yarn is Knit Picks Shine Worsted. This is a very soft yarn and makes up nicely for bath cloths.



This is fingertip towel sans button designed by AlexSandy Thompson from the Dishcloth calendar that was compiled last year. The yarn is SnC and I don't know what color as the label was one of the things that "stayed in Vegas." I've bought buttons for these towels several times and who knows where they are. Hopefully I'll find them by Christmas.
Here are some bookmarks I made. Actually made 2 each of the two on the right side. Sorry the picture is not so good. I will drape the sewing cabinet with cloth next time. The bookmarks on the left and in center were designed by Brian McGaunn. The third bookmark is last month's KAL. Used size 1 needles and DMC Traditions.
While I was on vacation, Tristan, my great-nephew, came home from the hospital. Thank you, Lord. He's doing well. He is the apple of his granddaddy's eye.

No comments: