Sunday, February 3, 2008

Why no Saturday posts?

On January 17 through 21, I attended a knitting retreat at Kanuga near Hendersonville NC. I took classes in sweater design and working with color. We learned to design a drop shoulder sweater a la Alice Starmore/Elizabeth Zimmerman/Varian Brandon. These are pictures sent by one of my fellow knitters. Most were taken after breakfast Sunday morning while waiting for worship service. Kanuga has a huge "great room" with a big fireplace and that's where we are. Some pictures were at the guest house I stayed in and are pictures of my housemates.

Lady on the left below is from Toronto. She probably traveled the farthest. Most of us were from southeastern US.

I'm the one on the left in picture below. I'm working on my pink sample sweater.

House mates--Mother and Daughter from SC I'm still working on my sample sweater but have already cast on my first real "designed" sweater. I'll be posting pictures of it in the future so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow, I so wish I could have attended something like that. I wonder if there will ever be one in NY area.