Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 21 log

Yesterday I finished my first knitted bookmark KAL. I decided knitting bookmarks while praying might be less frustrating and thus more suited to the objective. I'll give the completed bookmarks to those on my prayer list who are not shawl recipients and to others as birthday mementos. I used size 1 needles to make the bookmark. The only ones I have are bamboo which will break easily so spent time today in pursuit of aluminum ones which I finally had to order on-line.

I listened to "No Boundaries" CD by The 5 Browns during prayer time and worked on my second bookmark as well as finished up my dishcloth KAL. I hope to post pics of both over the weekend. The dishcloth was Janet Nogle's Moss Ivy cloth and I used some left over Shine Worsted. I worked up beautifully.

I'm working on a prayer shawl for Scott, my friend Brenda's son, who has cancer. I'm using Camouflage worsted and a pattern called fishhooks from the Harmony guide. I hope to finish it by month's end. I'm also working on a shawl for Patricia, hospital chaplain, who had back surgery. I'm making a rainbow shawl using Elann Adara. I'm using it for my personal project right now. I'll start to work on my sweater again after vacation.

I'm reading THE PAINTED VEIL. I have about 50 pages left. It is an interesting read. I'll watch the DVD made from this book when I finish.

Now it's time to go to sleep.

No comments: