Friday, March 7, 2008

What's OTN and other stuff


Chevron in progress
Originally uploaded by katzendog3

The sweater above is my first "designed" sweater. I'm actually a couple of rows past the start of neck shaping. It's made from Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed on size 6 and 8 needles. I hope to start the sleeves next week and finish this in a couple of weeks. I have another sweater project that I'm itchy to start.

The coffeehouse in Reidsville finally opened, and I was very excited to learn they'd have evening hours. I went by and asked the owner about a knitting group meeting there on Thursday, and he said sure. We established a couple of ground rules. Two weeks later we arrive for our first group meeting to learn that the owner had decided not to remain open on Thursdays. What a BUMMER!!! I was so disappointed. I have been "stalking" this place for months watching for its opening and planning to start a group.

The upside is that I joined a group in Greensboro that meets on Thursday. This group meets at Panera Bread. It originally met in a location that was too far and too congested for me. They changed locations to a place much closer and easier for me to get to. I also attend a group in Danville on Mondays. I listen to knitting podcasts on my way to and from.

I'm still figuring out all this flickr stuff so may have some other project pictures without a whole lot of comment.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

I love that color, it's great.

I sure wish there were some knitting groups around here, I'd love to go to a couple.