Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas is a coming

Busily making Christmas gifts here as well as making a pair of a little twisted socks for me and a pi shawl for a friend. Here are projects finished the last few weeks.

These are not a Christmas gift. Well, maybe they are. They're my Dublin Bay sock-a-long socks made with Regia Bamboo on size 0 needles. They were a little big in the foot so will probably cut back about 8 sts for next pair. I tumbled them dry and that helped.
This is Nativity washcloth from www.knitwits-heaven.com using PnC ecru. I made three of these for gifts. Recipients will receive matching fingertips on their birthdays.There's little squirrel in there. I liked this pattern. It's the November KAL for monthly dishcloth group. Yarn is Bernat Handicrafter sage green. Yes it's a UFO. This is November KAL from monthly bookmark group. Designer is Liz Hanson. I was short about a yard of this very special hand-dyed DMC Traditions dyed by my friend Brian (www.brileyknits.blogspot.com). I will frog this and rework using about 6 stitches less.

Another Christmas gift. This is Lighthouse washcloth from www.knitwits-heaven.com made using PnC ecru.

OTN--a little twisted socks, Pretty Kitty dishcloth, and Pi shawl for my friend.

1 comment:

Briley said...

Oh, NO! I can't believe I didn't send you enough for a bookmark! I love the way it turned out, though!
I only used that thread in top to bottom bookmarks, so the colours showed up a lot differently. It lookg great. Too bad there wasn't enough to finish.